Friday, November 7, 2008

3 Cool Things - 11/7/08

I'm out town but have scheduled this post to pop up on Friday - so as not to disappoint my scores of blog readers. :-) So many cool things, so little time...



Video game cupcakes -- via
CakeWrecks:





External hard drive - back up your computer now! My old computer was a desktop version and when it started to die I scrambled to transfer all my precious files to cd's. It took a while and not everything made it. (RIP mp3's) This time around I learned my lesson and have routinely backed up my laptop. Send files to your hotmail or gmail account, pay for storage online or get an external hard drive. I chose the
latter -- it's super small (3"x5"), lightweight and easy to transfer files:





SmartWool -- this stuff is A-MAZ-ING. It's 100% top quality wool but: 1) is washable and able to be thrown into the dryer without shrinkage; 2) is wearable for DAYS before it starts to stink; 3) feels just like cotton; and 4) wicks away moisture (aka icky sweat). Hallelujah! I've been wearing this stuff for the last year or so and it has made such a difference when skiing, snowshoeing or out on the boat. It's my favorite of the tech wools: Icebreaker, Ibex and Swobo.


My friends with babies swear by these SmartWool booties -- apparently they are the only footwear that manages to stay on a little one's foot. And they have traction on the bottom.

No comments: