Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Must clone myself ASAP

Work is so busy I can barely breathe. I stay up til at least 1 am every night because my brain will not TURN OFF ALREADY! Did I send that email? Can I make that deadline? Is it rude to keep my office door closed all day and not answer my phone so I can get a tiny sliver of work done?

I even cried sad little tears of frustration last week (behind closed doors of course, I'm a professional!) during an especially busy day. My coworker took one look at me and asked what was wrong (she's very in tune with my moods, apparently) and then my mom called. There's nothing like a sympathetic mom phone call to make you lose it. :-)

The situation is the result of a perfect storm of many things, with no end in sight until the end of May. But I'm trying to put my big girl pants on and suck it up, because in the end it all boils down to the fact that I HAVE A JOB. Period. Last week a good friend found out that she will definitely lose her new(ish) engineering job of about 6 months, so it's a scary time. Plus I am quite sure that D is SO over hearing about my daily trials and tribulations!

No comments: