Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Invites

The wedding invites arrived at our house on Sunday (thanks to Gabe for making a mail run for us!) It's always my worst nightmare to open up a print job and see a mistake. Well peeps - there was a MISTAKE! The printers forgot to ink the second side of our RSVP card, so they're all blank.

Honestly it's not the end of the world, but I had a special design for the back side and I'm kind of disappointed. The company offered to reprint the RSVP cards but it will take at least a week to print / mail out, and we don't have that kind of time. So I'm taking a discount code instead and will use that for a future project.

Overall the paper products turned out beautiful. Great paper, good weight, color matching was pretty spot-on!. I spent all of last evening tying ribbons and stuffing envelopes. Current status: 1/3 complete. The outer envelopes all have mailing labels - I know that technically I am supposed to handwrite all of the addresses but (here come the excuses): 1) I have work tasks and stress up the wazzoo; 2) my fiance' has been gone 24 days out of the last 30 and does not have time to help me address envelopes; 3) invitations would be arriving in guests' mailboxes, oh, by next year if I had to handwrite out each one.  So I hope no one is offended, but something had to go and it was this!

1 comment:

Angie Hong said...

I'm sure invitations are Beautiful! I don't think there is anything wrong with printed lables for wedding invites! I received several in the past with typed lables and never gave it a thought! I was thrilled to receive an invitation and ripped open the envelope. Can't wait to see you and meet D! Maybe you should just bring our invitations for the peeps in San Diego and save on the stamps!