Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall walk

Last Sunday was a beautiful fall day. It stopped raining and the sun peeked out a bit, so Boyd and I geared up for a long walk around our neighborhood. All in all we were out for 3 hours and managed to cover 4 miles during our leisurely stroll.

A beautiful tree along our route. Love the color.
This is a new subdivision going in near our home - one street over. There are two short cul-de-sacs and both roads are paved, curbs/gutters done, street lights in, and utilities done. The builder will be back in the spring to start work on the homes, which will start in the low $330,000's.
A view of the new subdivision from the main road.
A nice sized birch tree that blew over during the first windstorm.
Nice day for a walk!
My favorite little man! It took 30 minutes of strolling before he conked out. The day was super warm (low 60's) so he just needed a light cap and blanket.
This is the Chariot I bought used off of Craigslist. Boyd is still a little young to be pulled in it while we ride our bikes and we can't try the skis yet, so I got some stroller wheels and they work great! Here you can see the mesh screen - there is also a plastic rain cover that I have rolled up.
Rainbow!
Fall leaves are everywhere - winter is coming.
There is an equestrian center down the road from our house - many people in our area (lower hillside) have horses on their property. It's fun to see them walking down the sidewalks and onto the wooded trails.
Well it's difficult to see here, but these two trees have CD's hanging from the branches. I'm not sure what that's all about.

No comments: