Wednesday, October 22, 2008

NPR

Most days at work I listen to National Public Radio in my office. NPR presents all sorts of interesting programs, of which my favorites are: Talk of the Nation, Fresh Air, All Things Considered, Calling All Pets (and Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! on the weekends).

Right now our local station KSKA is holding a membership drive to raise money for the annual budget and it seems that every five minutes they are asking for pledges. And the guilt! They have really perfected the art of making you feel bad about listening without supporting your member station. I feel like I should change the dial when the pledge drive harpies come on. But the tactics do seem to work, especially since I made a donation this morning. Now I can sit smugly in my office and listen to NPR without guilt. Until next year.

No comments: