.jpg)
The sign at top right in the photo is for the historic 4th Avenue Theater -- here it is in the 40's:

I remember going to a film with my dad at the theater when I was in elementary school. If you know my dad, you know he loves movies and it was so great to spend time with him like that. We sat up on the balcony and as I looked up, the big dipper from Alaska's state flag was lit up on the ceiling. Not sure of the 4th Avenue Theater's currrent status since it was sold and slated for demo, but last I heard it is supposed to be kept as a historical building. I sure hope that is the case -- it is a fabulous holdover from Anchorage's early days before statehood.
Back to the webcam -- the site also features memorable and interesting photos from past days -- this one is called "BeeZilla!" Rawr (or Buzzzz)!

No comments:
Post a Comment