Monday, December 22, 2008

Unhappy holidays

I am so SO glad that we decided to stay home for the holidays. As much as I would have loved to see my family at Christmas, this and this is why I don't fly in late December anymore. There are a limited amount of flights out of Alaska and at any busy time of year (holidays, summer, etc.) it's a crap shoot whether the flight will be late and/or cancelled, or if you'll get a flight at all.

I feel sorry for all those people in Seattle and Portland but I've been there too -- running to customer service to get re-booked with the other 200 people from my flight or frantically dialing the 800 number and praying to get a real live person. But as far as airports go, the SeaTac is a pretty nice one to be stranded in. Lots of good food and shopping...

No comments: