Friday, January 9, 2009

BOW

I just sent in my registration for the 2009 winter BOW session! Almost all of my girlfriends have taken part in Becoming an Outdoors Woman - 4 of us participated last year and a couple others did it the year before that. This year we managed to get a group of 8 or 9 together for the weekend. I feel sorry for anyone else sharing our cabin.

It's a blast - basically women of all ages can come and learn outdoorsy skills through four three-hour sessions. Last year I took archery, firearm safety, fly fishing, and intro to shotgun. By now everyone has heard me rave about the shotgun session -- I loved it! We got to actually shoot at moving clay targets. This year I signed up for snowmachining, dog sledding, smoking/pickling fish, and rifle markswoman. BOW isn't until mid-March, so it's a long wait until then.

My profile pic for Blogger is from last year's BOW -- here I am posing with one of Lance Mackey's old sled dogs (he won the Iditarod last year).


View from the door of our cabin...

We stopped on the way home from Chickaloon to take some photos -- so pretty.

No comments: