Friday, April 17, 2009

Your friendly Friday update

Our days are getting warmer (mid-40's today!) and longer (gaining 5 minutes/day!) so no complaints there. Next weekend I'm doing the Heart Run, a 5K run to raise funds for the Heart Association -- generally accepted as the first major race of summer season.

D is going out bear hunting via snowmachine this weekend with a friend, so I'll have time to clean, do laundry, take the dog for a wet spring walk and maybe tackle a sewing project.
Sometime this summer I'm hoping to convince D to install a rain barrel (or two) underneath our gutter spouts. Rain barrels are used all over the US, but I haven't seen too many here in Alaska. They are great for capturing water that usually goes to waste -- I'm thinking of using the runoff for watering my summer plants and D's veggies.


Work is still turning my hair gray, but I'm getting better at saying "no" to requests. It's nice to have a sympathetic boss.

No comments: