Today we're heading north for a day-long trip -- I'm excited to see the fall colors and maybe take the canoe out. I wonder how long it'll take before the dog jumps out of the boat and into the water. Will post some photos on Monday.
I forgot to mention that last week D came up with the genius idea to can strips of caribou meat in the pressure canner with red and green peppers and onions. Holy cats, that stuff is tasty! We heated it all up and made fajitas with it.
In wedding news, I think we found the ring of my dreams people!!! And the matching wedding band. I finally had to go online and create something, because if you want a job done right gotta do it yourself. At this (very reputable) online company, you can pick out a loose stone and specific band design. We were having zero luck with stores locally. Case in point -- a sales guy at Zales (in a RED suit, no less) showed me a flawed diamond. Do I look like I would accept a cloudy SI ring with a visible crack down the bottom? Dude, please. I was raised by a woman who knows diamond backwards and forwards and every direction in between.
So I am currently in the "convincing-my-fiance'-that-this-ring-is-THE-ONE" stage. It's platinum and has shiny diamonds on the band and a princess cut stone and colorless and VVS and ah...give me a moment here, I'm getting all lightheaded just thinking about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment