Thursday, October 8, 2009

Money, honey

Yet again I have realized that I am working in the wrong line of business. After getting price quotes for day-of wedding coordination it has occurred to me that people are correct when they say the wedding business is quite the profitable little racket. One woman wants $1,200 to oversee the wedding day. Another charges $125 per hour, plus travel expenses. I think I work pretty dang hard but I don't make $125 per hour! I'm thinking we'll do without the day-of coordinator. I'm organizing everything else, but thought it would be nice to heave the mantle of responsibility and stress on someone else for the big day. :-)

On a happier note, my permanent fund dividend (PFD) check arrived today! It was deposited straight into my bank account, where it will promptly be applied towards car insurance and various wedding items on my checklist.

No comments: