I can't belive I'm posting this photo, but Risha made me promise that I would. We spent about 90 minutes at a local bridal shop on Saturday and in that time period I was in and out of no less than 15 dresses - that has got to be a record or something.
The following dress is about 4 sizes to big for me and came with a set of detachable sleeves. Soooo not my style! It was also a big poofy ball gown, also not my style. Although I do love the look of a big bustled train.
Yeah, yikes...I know.
This next one was pretty and more streamlined, which is what I'm looking for, but too pageant-like. The beading and crystals were amazing.
The bridal shop discourages photos (they don't want you to take pictures and then have a seamstress recreate a dress) so we had to be pretty sly in the dressing room. We ended up finding a dress that is similar to the style I want and now feel pretty confident that the alterations to my mom's dress will work out for me. Yay!
On Friday, D and I attended his union holiday party at one of the local hotels. It was a good time -- the food was really yummy, but the prices at the bar were ridiculous. $8 for a little cocktail! Afterwards we headed up to the Crow's Nest, a restaurant and bar on the 20th floor. That place is very swank and I would definitely go again, if for nothing else than the views of Anchorage from the big windows.
In the lobby we found a gingerbread village -- created by the hotel pastry chefs. That's A LOT of gingerbread and icing.



No comments:
Post a Comment