The stainless steel sink is one I found on Craigslist - good price and perfect size. D needs something deep for cleaning his tools after home projects and I love having a sink nearby when I do laundry. Another plus was that the sink came with a pull-out sprayer -- all for $38! I'm pretty sure the paving bricks are there to weigh everything down before D caulks and seals the edges.
The sink is on the left as you enter the room and the washer/dryer are on the right...
D very sweetly switched the location of the washer and dryer since the washer door opens the wrong way. I would have to hoist wet clothes over the door and then shuffle over to the dryer. It was an ergonomic nightmare.
I also asked for a continuous workspace that would span the tops of both the washer and dryer. Since we are still kicking it old-school with the dryer (another Craigslist find: $200 in 2007 and it works great!) D had to cut the plywood to fit around the console. He's going to sand it down a bit and paint it white to blend in with the appliances. The awesome front-loading/high-efficiency washer was my Valentine's Day present in 2008. I love it.


No comments:
Post a Comment