Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My weekend, part 2

The birds are starting to appear en masse again -- especially these crazy birds in blue (below). They are really loud, love harassing the pets and seem to be picking out all of the sunflower seeds from our cabin birdfeeder! I took 5 photos of this guy and in each one he faced away from the camera.


Everybody wants to be outside in the nice weather.

Drift and I went for a walk on Sunday. The weather was pretty enjoyable -- no bright blue skies or anything, but it was somewhere in the high 30's. The snow has cleard out of the roadways and most sidewalks. I'm holding my breath that spring has sprung!

This stretch of sidewalk was a bit icy, but I wore my sister's XtraTuff boots and the traction kept me from slipping a couple times.

Ubiquitous trashy Alaska yard in the next neighborhood over from ours. See the blue tarp? Gotta have one of those somewhere in your yard or garage or you're not a real Alaskan.

The home stretch. This portion is crazy muddy in fall and spring so I usually take the long way to avoid it.

No comments: