Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wednesday update

Wow, sorry peeps...it's been a quite a few days since I posted last. Since that time, D has returned from what he deems the "promised land," aka South Dakota. :-) He brought me a beautiful ceramic baking dish and lots of midwest goodies: walleye fillets, buffalo burger and deer bacon! He was home for one whole day before packing up and heading north for some bear hunting. But before D left, I received assistance with two wedding projects...will post more on that later.

So much for putting the patio furniture out...it started snowing early yesterday morning, and continued off and on throughout the day! Some areas of town received up to 4 inches. I've lived in Alaska my entire life, so I know better than to jump the gun and get all excited about spring -- but I was really hoping to have an early start to the season. Needless to say, my adirondack chairs will stay put in the shed for another couple weeks (at least).

Had to work late yesterday (waiting on a big project to be delivered from the printer) so I took advantage of the downtime to work on our wedding vows. I'm pulling inspiration from different sources and weaving in some personal tidbits. A good framework is in place and after some tweaking, I'll have D look it over and add his feedback. Just from reading it over this morning I started tearing up and getting weepy! I'm definitely going to need some waterproof mascara on wedding day.

No comments: