Thursday, May 13, 2010

San Diego 1

"Enjoy the ride - you'll never come this way again"

Saw this quote on another blog and it really resonated with me. I tend to get bogged down in the details and the stresses of everyday life, but sometimes you have to see the forest through the trees and look at the whole picture. This is a GREAT period in my life! We're happy, healthy (for the most part) and will be getting married in a month and a half. Life is good. My job may be difficult at times but the stress doesn't last forever - there is an end in sight. And I need to enjoy the process of planning a wedding and remember what all of this work is contributing towards.

Ok, enough of the pep talk...on to our recent vacation! I did not realize how badly I needed time away until we were down in San Diego. We really enjoyed ourselves and it was so nice to have D meet my mom's whole side of the family! They kept saying how handsome he is...I agree. :-)

My sister and Gabe totally surprised all of us by making the 7.5 hour drive down from San Jose on Friday! Risha kept saying how her work and school schedule would not allow them to join us for the weekend. And then they just showed up at IKEA as my mom and I were finishing up our shopping extravaganza. It was a great surprise.

My dad showed D the ins and outs of disc golf and it turns out D has some serious natural ability for the game. Dad and Gabe each gave D a disc (isn't that nice?) so we may visit one of the courses here in town for some practice.

If you are my friend on Facebook, chances are these photos will look familiar!



A pair of cool bikes parked outside of the Harley-Davidson shop along the water. My dad has a real chopper/motorcycle at home that he built - the shape is similar to these bikes.

What photo montage is complete without the obligatory funny hat image?

No comments: