The Juneau trip went really well and all parties involved were happy overall. I was just there for two days, but they were two VERY LONG days. Up by 5 a.m. and lots of work and then to bed by 11 p.m. But I am so lucky to have finally experienced our capital city!
 |
| View from the airplane window. I forgot my regular camera so all of these photos were taken with my iPhone. It was a gorgeous day when we left Anchorage and then the clouds rolled in as we neared Juneau. Only a 90 minute flight! Landings in Juneau are wonky - planes have to follow the course of a mountain range and then bank sharply to make the airport landing strip. |
 |
| The location we worked in is called the State Office Building. Gorgeous views from the Atrium level! |
 |
| A little while after sunrise. Temps in Juneau are considerably warmer than Anchorage. It was in the 30's and very wet - typical for this rainforest area. |
 |
| Not a lot of snow around but it was still icy from an overnight freeze. |
 |
| The body of water is Gastineau Channel and beyond in Douglas Island. I decided that D and I should live down here on Douglas or Auke Bay or somewhere else in SE Alaska like Sitka for a while. So amazing. |
More photos to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment