Most days for breakfast one of us would get up and make a big pot of coffee (from a bag of Kona beans we picked up at Safeway), then follow it up with fresh fruit - pineapple, apples, papaya or bananas - and yogurt or bread. Very simple but so delicious.
Here are a few random photos of our travels...
 |
| Big snail we came upon during a stroll in downtown Lahaina before dinner. Not sure we have snails in Alaska. I do not recall ever seeing them, at least not this big. |
 |
| Doing my best Tiki statue impression. |
 |
| Beautiful banyan trees on the highway near Olowalu. |
 |
| We did a ton of driving and consequently saw all sorts of activities outside our car windows. These people were paddleboarding - standing or kneeling on a surfboard and moving themselves along with a long paddle. |
 |
| I pretty much lived in my bikini - never knew when we would want to jump in the water! |
 |
| Beautiful coastlines - this was between Lahaina and Kihei. |
 |
| Taking advantage of the highway pullouts to take photos and watch for whales. |
 |
| Molokini |
 |
| Local fishermen casting out into the surf. |
 |
| Love this little boy and his fishing pole with a red/white bobber. |
 |
| On previous trips to the islands I had always heard that bringing home lava rocks and other indigineous items is BAD LUCK. Supposedly many of these purloined items are mailed back to Hawaii every year. So I knew better than to pocket these types of souveniers. |
 |
| What the heck was I doing in this photo?! Weird expression, but my legs look awesome so I am including it. |
 |
| Content to just sit and watch the ocean. |
After driving back up the coast we stopped to try some coconut water from a roadside stand - basically a coconut with a straw poked through the top. Didn't taste like much but we also talked with the very friendly couple that runs the stand and purchased some organic, homemade coconut oil. This stuff is amazing - we have cooked with it AND used it as a lotion. Now we wish we had picked up a couple more bottles!
1 comment:
Great photos! Jay and I will have to visit Hawaii. We have never been. Looks like you guy has a great time! By the way, sexy legs!
Love,
Angie
Post a Comment