Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday wishes and recipes

Happy birthday to my cousin Stacy today!


Isn't he...um, interesting?
 In other news, I have been trying to make an effort and become a better home cook, which means trying new recipes. Last night I made a dish called "cheesy chicken rollups" that I got from another blogger's website. It wasn't until we sat down to eat that I realized our meal was really a play off of chicken cordon bleu. Duh. D and I both liked it so the recipe will stay in rotation. While I cooked D made his banana bread - I haven't had a chance to try it yet but will cut a big slice when I get home tonight!

Cheesy Chicken Roll-Ups
4 chicken breasts (pounded to 1/4")
4 slices thin ham
crumbled feta cheese
1/3 c. milk
1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs
10 T. garlic and herb (or veggie) cream cheese
1/2 c. light cream or half-n-half

Preheat oven to 350.  Place 1 ham slice on each piece of pounded chicken, top with feta cheese.  Roll chicken to enclose filling.  Fold ends under and secure with toothpicks.  Dip chicken rolls into milk, then breadcrumbs to coat.  Place rolls on greased baking sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Bring cream to simmer in saucepan over medium heat.  Add cream cheese; blend well.  Pour sauce over cooked chicken rolls. 

AND, if you are not pulling recipes from Ree Drummond's website (The Pioneer Woman Cooks) you need to get over there ASAP and start browsing her archives. The cinnamon rolls are probably her most famous dish, but I made her chicken parmigiana earlier this month and it was delish! Happy cooking!

No comments: