Monday, May 16, 2011

Early May PWS Trip 2

It's still winter in most parts of Prince William Sound. The snow lingers, but here and there we saw signs of spring. Trees and grass emerging from a snowy canopy and green buds appearing on trees and plants.


Always in attendance? Creatures from the sea...





Sideways heart. I found a smaller version and brought it home to live on a bookshelf in the living room.

An abundance of moisture means moss grows everywhere. This was big enough for me to crawl inside. Tried to get the dog in there but he was not interested in cooperating.

Drift always has a good time in the forest.



This photo didn't turn out so well, but I was attempting to document my many layers.
I'm so temperature sensitive and tend to wear lots of layers so they can be taken off or put on, depending on my current state. The hike overheated me and I had 3 layers to take off: Marmot rain jacket, Arc'teryx fleece layer and Smartwool long sleeve. I was walking around in a tank top! On the bottom I still had my Smartwool long underwear, REI hiking pants, Marmot rain pants and Xtra-tuff rain boots.


Some of the snow in these areas won't ever melt - the piles get smaller but cool temps usually prevail out here.

No comments: