My boss very sweetly allowed me to take Friday off to prepare for Girls Weekend, and the extra prep time was definitely necessary. I drove over to my favorite auto shop early in the a.m. and had them do an oil change/air filter cleaning. Then it was off to Carrs for a few groceries and Costco for the rest. There were at least 10 people waiting for Costco to open at 10 a.m. when I arrived and the warehouse quickly filled up with pre-weekend shoppers. I honestly wonder if there is ever a time that the store isn't crowded.
With all the goodies crossed off my list, I headed home to cut fruit, gather all my items together and pack up the car. I worried about leaving town on time when I had to leave the house on an emergency errand for a friend, but managed to pick up my two passengers and head to Girdwood just before 4 p.m.
The house was just as we remembered it and the owner was glad to have us girls back for the second year in a row. The weekend went by so fast! It was filled with lots of movies (3 Meryl Streep films back-to-back, I kid you not: Devil Wears Prada, Mama Mia and It's Complicated), evenings in the hot tub, wine/framboise/pudding shots, and a ton of games. I even learned how to play cribbage again!
The weather was rainy and wet and cold for most of Friday and Saturday, so we took our long walk to the hotel from our cabin on Sunday, when the sun finally made an appearance. These photos are all from my iPhone since I forgot my camera back at the cabin.
 |
| The snowmachiners were back again this year for a sno-cross event. |
 |
| Moguls up and down the mountain. |
 |
| A gorgeous metalwork firepit outside of the Alyeska Hotel lobby. |
 |
| Backside of the resort. |
 |
| Driving back on Sunday. |
We're already looking forward to 2012, especially since the owner offered us a discount if we come back for a 3rd year in a row. I'm trying to convince the girls to travel to Seattle next year and have our weekend there! A few are totally game for that - especially if we can shop IKEA and then ship our bigger items back to Anchorage on the barge.
No comments:
Post a Comment