Memorial Day is almost here! Can you guess where we are going for the weekend? I was able to get Friday through Tuesday off from work, and D recently finished a year-long construction job so we will have a leisurely and LONG time off for Memorial Day in....Homer! Yay for halibut fishing, trolling for king salmon and party time on the Spit. Although I am sort of over the party atmosphere now - we thought about staying in a secluded campground above town but the downside is no electricity. In order to legally keep more than the 4 halibut possession limit we need to process our catch. And that means bringing a vacuum-sealer and loading a small chest freezer into the back of the truck. I know that sounds awfully weird but we will be down in Homer for 5 days and it's important to get the fish packed and frozen. There is a company in town that will do all that for sport fisherman but I'm cheap and don't want to spend the money!
In exactly one month from today D and I will celebrate our 1-year anniversary. 2010 and now 2011 have both sped by so fast. I'm a bit bummed that I have to work an event on June 25th, so that means no leaving town on our anniversary weekend. Well, D will probably go fishing without me but I am stuck in Anchorage! I need to check the freezer and figure out where our wedding cheesecake is hiding.
This past Monday after work I spent about 4 hours digging and potting flowers. The back deck and front porch look much more inviting now and I can't wait to see how everything looks in mid-summer after the flowers have bloomed.
Sounds like D's brother may come up for a visit this summer so that should be fun. Was hoping my sister could come sometime too but her job and school schedule are pretty packed.
Happy Memorial Day everyone! Will have recaps and photos next week after Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment