We have him on a 4-hour eating schedule and while that has worked out fine, the nap/sleep schedule is turning out to be more difficult to nail down. And sleep issues have reared their ugly head again. Beginning a couple weeks ago Boyd would wake up multiple times in the night, refuse to go down easily and generally drive us crazy with sleep deprivation. I think it's a combination of 4-month sleep regression and him trying to roll over in his sleep, with a helping of teething thrown in for good measure. Lately all he wants to do is sleep on his side - he gets so mad if he ends up on his back.
Last night he went down at 10:45 pm and then woke at 1 am for a feeding, after which he was up for 2.5 hours. I was exhausted. Finally I remembered that D had swaddled Boyd for a nap to get him to sleep - I tried it along with the pacifier and little B was out like a light in under a minute. At 7 am I found him grunting and fussing after he had rolled over on his tummy by himself. It's the first time I had seen that!






No comments:
Post a Comment