Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Boyd - 7 months

7 months!
  • Boyd was sick for the first time at 5.75 months and I'm surprised it didn't happen earlier. He started sneezing a ton with some fussiness, and then was super stuffy and with a runny nose. He was miserable and I felt so bad for him. It didn't last too long - but then he passed the virus on to me! I was sick for less than a week. I think breastfeeding has been really great for his immune system and general health.
  • No crawling yet but we're not stressing out about it. Bigger babies tend to move through the physical milestones a little slower than smaller kids, so he'll get around to it eventually. This just means we won't have to baby-proof the house as early as I thought!
  • The sleep update: we had a couple amazing nights where Boyd slept 9 to 11 hours at a time. IT. WAS. HEAVEN. Then he went back to waking up once or twice, and now he's up all night and staying up for hours. I'm exhausted. D is exhausted. It's every parent's worst nightmare.Out of 7.5 months I can count on one hand the number of nights he's slept longer than 7 hours. I haven't slept longer than 5 hours at a time for 215 days.
  • Lately he has been digging into the big rubber basket which holds all of his toys and picking the ones he wants to play with. Super cute.
  • More sounds - especially the "bbbbb" one he is so fond of.
  • EVERYTHING goes into his mouth. He'll grab something, give it a little look and then POP, in the mouth it goes!
  • Really enjoys grabbing that left foot and putting that into his mouth too. Babies are so flexible!
  • He gets SO distracted during the the daytime nursing sessions. I usually nurse him upstairs in his room but sometimes on the weekends I like to watch a little TV (since I never get to do so anymore) and I have to have the volume on low so he doesn't whip his little head around to look at the screen.
  • It's weird, but Boyd loves hair - especially mine. He likes to grab it and put it in his mouth, but lately I've really tried to wean him off of this behavior.
  • Every time I put music on he gets a huge smile on his face. We've been dancing and singing a lot.
  • Still waiting for the top two teeth to make an appearance. He seems to go through a horrible teething stage but the teeth don't show up until months later.

No comments: