We've had some really great days with Boyd. Sleep is going well (knock on wood) and he's really turning into a little person with his own preferences and opinions. I'm also happy to report that he's following commands as well.
- More teeth have arrived - MORE TEETH! This time it's the lower canines. I can't see his upper gums because Boyd generally doesn't cooperate when we want to open his mouth, but I'm assuming they're on their way too. This means the tooth count is currently at 14, possibly 16.
- When we say "I don't know", Boyd will lift up his arms and look around
- Our boy is obsessed with chap stick and lip balm. His new favorite thing to do is get hoisted onto our bed, crawl over to
D's side, and then gesture for us to give him the lip balm. He'll pretend to put it on himself and/or me, then occasionally rub it on his belly. Lately he wants the cap off too so he can dig his little fingers into it.
- Purchased new boots for him - Baby Bogs. Another mother in our music class recommended them to me. Boyd LOVES them. I say, "let's put on your boots!" and he immediately reaches for them and very adorably attempts to put them on his feet. They're still a bit big so I hope he'll grow into them this summer.
- I was so proud last week - as we read Baby Beluga before bed, he successfully identified most of the animals on one of the pages (I asked, he pointed). And when we got to the "good night, little whale, good night" page where the Eskimo girl is waving, B started smiling and waving too. He's been doing it every night since. He gets SO excited for that page and will flip to it if I'm not reading fast enough.
- My mom has 2 American flags displayed at her house and Boyd will point them out when asked. When she says "salute!", he'll put his hand up to his forehead in a mock salute. SO CUTE.
- Music class ended Monday. During the last session, Boyd correctly tapped his nose and eyes as we sang the song, "Old Brass Wagon." He was his usual smiley and friendly self, and even submitted to a hug and kiss from his friend Jillian.
- I'm pretty sure he said "ma" this morning after I said we're going to Grandma's house. No real words yet. Come on kid, talk already!
- He knows the difference between regular milk and "mama's" milk, and is pretty excited to nurse in the mornings.
- Once he started walking, there was no turning back. Some days he practically sprints and I can't keep up with him.
- Going outside is probably one of his favorite activities, hands down. He CRIED the other day after I made him come inside. I'm letting him "get dirty" outside and explore more.
- He's adept at removing and screwing caps on bottles. Is also able to thread a shoelace through little holes, place small items into little containers, etc.
 |
| Enjoying a homemade smoothie while out at an Eagle River restaurant a few weekends ago. |
 |
| He's quite enamored of the dog's food storage area. |
 |
| Trying out the lawn chairs at Fred Meyer. I ended up getting the white ones - one for home and one for Grandma Ann's. |
 |
| Springtime in Alaska. |
 |
| Another free museum day. He loved the padded area. |
No comments:
Post a Comment