It seems ridiculous to discuss autumn/winter when the calendar still says August, but our month started out a bit rainy and the last few days we've seen frost outside in the early mornings! The heat even kicked on for a short period on Monday. I'm sad to see summer go...but fall and winter are fun in their own way. Snow sports, warm clothing, cozy evenings in front of the wood stove, and the holidays are all things to look forward to, right?
The end of summer means harvesting our garden and we did pretty well this year! The super hot weather meant almost no work for us when it came to the vegetables. We just watered them - that's it. The tomatoes have just exploded - I've never seen so many on the vine before. The squash are nice and round, while the green peppers did better than I expected.
Fun times out in the yard this past weekend. The weather cleared up for a few days and was gloriously sunny and hot. D worked on our new front porch (it's so close to being done) while Boyd and I hung out in the yard.
Our little man is a budding Picaso and has just recently begun to draw on vertical surfaces (cabinets, the wall, our fridge). YIKES.
My solution was to put up paper and direct Boyd to his new "easel." Hope this will keep the artwork contained to one area!










No comments:
Post a Comment