Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Boyd - 18.5 months

Boyd's 19-month checkup (10/7) is actually scheduled closer to his 20-month birthday. I'm eager to see his stats - we haven't been to the pediatrician's office since he was 15.5 months old.
  • The music class we attended last spring no longer has a Monday offering, so Boyd and I are attending a gymnastics/tumbling session on Monday mornings from 10:15 to 11 a.m. Last week was our first class and afterwards we went to the State Fair with my mom and sister. Boyd's friend Opal (from music class) is also attending gymnastics with us. It's 45 minutes but the class flies by. We ran around, skipped and jumped during warm-up, and then checked out the equipment (balance beams, mats, bars, trampolines) before playing with a group parachute, bubbles and balls. It's actually a pretty good workout for adults too!
  • Boyd usually pops right up when we wake him in the morning. He goes from laying down to standing up and clutching his lamb and cow lovies. It's like we've caught him sleeping on the job and he's trying to convince us that he's not tired at all. 
  • He can be pretty insistent when he wants something - but what toddler isn't?
  • In the last week he has started to help me spread out his nighttime jammies after I get him out of the bath. It's adorable to see him very intently fixing the piece of clothing and smoothing out the edges.
  • Just the other he started this funny maneuver before bed. After bath time he took my hand and led me over to the bookcase in his room and had me sit down. Then he pushed my shoulder to make me lay down and finally pushed my head down and said "night night." And then he placed his lamb and cow on top of my face. Really, kid? I had to keep myself from laughing. He basically wanted to put me to bed so he could keep playing. I tried to get up twice and each time he ran through the routine again.
  • I went through and pulled out his too-small clothing. There's something a little sad about putting aside his 12-18 month stuff and weeding out the worn pieces. My baby is definitely getting bigger. 
  • I'm a Craigslist addict for baby stuff - I can't stand to pay full price for ANYTHING, especially things that Boyd will grow out of fairly quickly. I managed to be the first one to respond to a lady's ad for a toddler's wooden table and 2 chairs. Only $30 and she even came to my workplace to drop it off. 



    No comments: