Friday, December 20, 2013

Friday update

So much snow has arrived - we're flush with it! Two big snowfalls within a week, with very cold below-zero temperatures in between. I am hopeless when it comes to estimating depths. I'll say to D, "what do you think we got, like 6 inches?" And he'll reply, "Audry, that's at least a foot of snow." Rish and Gabe got a snow blower, so Gabe stopped by to do our driveway. What a guy!

I waited until after we visited Santa to start on our Christmas cards, so we'll be a bit behind on getting those out. But not to worry, you all will receive a card chock-full of adorable little Boyd photos!

My friend at work took this camera phone photo of my boy and I after meeting Santa.
Other news: we have a new CEO at my workplace, a dynamic lady from out of state. Really have high hopes that she'll re-energize our staff and bring morale up! We also filmed some TV commercials this week to promote one of our service lines - those spots will start airing next week.

On the travel front, D, Boyd and I will hop on an airplane and visit San Diego to see some of my family members. Wish us luck with this new experience!

Being silly. The thing he's sitting on is a PlasmaCar. I got it for free (plus free shipping!) from Pampers Rewards. All of those diaper codes finally paid off.
Trying to stay warm in cold Alaskan weather. We've been reminding Boyd to put his hands in his pockets when it's cold.
My supper club met this week  Great minds apparently think alike, because 4 out of 8 of us gave a gift having something to do with a mason jar! It was funny to see all the canning jars being exchanged. There were jars filled with candy, hot chocolate mix with snowman poop (marshmallows), and even a redneck wineglass (mason jar with a candlestick base). I packaged a Starbucks hot chocolate packet with a mini bottle of Bailey's Irish Creme (the liquor store sales girl didn't blink an eye when I asked for 10 mini bottles of the stuff) inside of a jar, complete with daisy-cut metal lid, striped straw and holiday tag.
My holiday gift to friends at work.
The good stuff to go in the jars!
Boyd did this all by himself! We looked down and he had pulled all of the bottles out to line them up in a curve.

Boyd has been teething for the last couple weeks, plus this week he picked up a cold from somewhere. Those nights of uninterrupted sleep have been few and far between lately! Last night he was just so restless, tossing and turning with a stuffy nose and asking for water every 15 minutes. I tried to sleep on the couch with Boyd but we were both pretty exhausted this morning. D and Gabe left super early to take the boat out for a winter hunting trip to Prince William Sound. Please send good vibes their way for a successful and safe deer hunt!

No comments: