The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity, what with our trip to San Diego, work and other life events. I totally overlooked Boyd's 23 month update.
- Read about our San Deigo trip in separate blog posts - it was a blast!
- D has been running a job for his company that has him working the swing shift in the evenings. It's the worst shift, in my opinion. Boyd and I hadn't seen D since Monday afternoon, but were able to spend a few minutes with him this morning before heading out. Boyd was SO excited to see Daddy - he was running around, giggling, and making dragon noises.
- I try to give Boyd the chance to make choices: what shoes or pants he’ll wear for the day; cheddar or babybel cheese...you know, life's big decisions.
- I’m pretty he knows his colors – the basics anyway.
- In addition to “reading,” Boyd will also sing quietly to himself.
- His second molar on the bottom right is halfway in. It may be partly to blame for his sleep problems in San Diego.
- Sleep: I've accepted that we won't ever have a perfect sleeper, so I'm thankful for when he does sleep! After our trip, Boyd's bedtime has shifted to sometime between 8 and 8:30 p.m. so that means approximately an hour earlier than before. Yay for more adult free time in the evening! It also means B wakes up an hour earlier in the a.m. but it's a fair trade-off.
- LOVES his turtle pillow from Grandma & Grandpa Patrick and a kitty stuffed animal that I think was a gift from our friends Joe & Beth. He cuddles with them all night long, and then points them out in the morning when we walk in his room.
- Favorite animals? If you ask him, it’s kitty, turtle and whale (usually in that order).
- We brought home a nice 2-tiered dark wood step stool from Ikea, which Boyd uses to gain access to the bathroom sink for handwashing. He'll turn on the faucets, attempt to work the soap dispenser and wet his hands. For some reason he hates having his sleeves pushed up.
No comments:
Post a Comment