Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Baby bump - 30 weeks

My 30-week appointment happened at the specialist's office last Friday and through an ultrasound we found out that my amniotic fluid is slightly high (polyhydramnios) and I'm measuring a little large because of it. This is also the reason I am unable to breathe easily. The doctor can't pinpoint for sure why my fluid is up - there are a number of scary reasons it could be happening (that I try not to think about it) or it could be a fluke. The amount is mild at this point so they are going to monitor it and do another ultrasound at 34 weeks. We also discovered that my placenta has split (bilobed)! Apparently the specialist does not consider this a serious issue, but my OB needs to make sure both sections are removed immediately after delivery.

Lots of baby movement is happening...her kicks and punches are getting more vigorous. I am feeling them all day long, but mostly when sitting at my desk in my office or relaxing on the couch. She even woke me up the other night with a one-two punch right to my bladder. Oh and the doctor estimates that she weighs around 3 lbs, 1 oz.

Since I work at a hospital, I tend to get a lot of comments from nurses about my pregnancy. Most comment on how low the baby seems to be on my frame - believe me, I can feel it! The pressure on my bladder has me in the restroom quite a bit, and overall I'm sore and achy in the pelvic region.

Here's to hoping that we'll make it full term (at least 37 weeks) and no other prenatal issues pop up between now and then!


Baby girl at 30 weeks gestation.

No comments: