Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter ruminations

My sister is still in town, so I get dropped off at work and then she does random Risha things all day -- shopping, visiting with friends, eating at my favorite restuarants without me and probably bank-robbing and red light-running too for good measure.

She mentioned today on the morning commute how dark it is here and with the heavy cloud cover, we never really see the sun all day! It's just gloomy. I know that I already blogged about how craptastic it is here right now, but having someone else confirm it for me is...just sad.

On a lighter note, D and I are going to the movies tonight...we never go anymore since my friend Netflix delivers a film every couple of days, but one of the bigger theaters in town just dropped the price of EVERY movie to $3!

We suspect that they are trying to compete with the highly succesful but always crowded Bear Tooth Theater. Bear Tooth has only one screen but you can get local beer on tap and eat yummy food while watching the movie. It's the sister facility to the Moose's Tooth, best pizza in AK!

No comments: