Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fruit crumble

Last year D's mom sent me a bunch of great recipes using rhubarb (which we're now out of -- yay for space in the freezer!) and had suggested mixing in other fruit when baking. So last night when I saw the huge ripe blueberries sitting ever-so-lonely in the fridge (from our first organic box) they got dumped in a big pot along with some frozen strawberries and raspberries from the yard for a quick and easy fruit crumble.

Simmering along with some water, sugar and lemon juice. This is the easiest recipe ever. Seriously.
Flour and sugar mixed with butter for the crumbly topping.


Finished product! Eventually I need to work on making my food look better. Right now I'm concentrating on having everything taste good! As my official taster, D says this dish was delish.

My wonderful family helps feed my Ikea obsession -- received a box from my sister with some items and she even added in some Pocky. It's an Asian treat -- basically a long pretzel cracker dipped in chocolate. So simple in its chocolatey goodness!

No comments: