Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Heart Run

The Heart Run went well -- it didn't rain on Saturday and although I forgot my spring hat and gloves, the weather was fairly warm so I was okay without. A 5K roughly translates to about 3.1 miles, but our little team took it pretty leisurely -- 1 hour, 48 minutes! More of a meander than a run, really.

A slight hill as the course enters the second mile -- I remember this gradual climb as a killer (back in the day when I actually ran the race!)


Our team -- we walked in honor of our friend's mom (at right, in black), who experienced a heart attack ON A PLANE. They made an emergency landing in Utah after her seatmate recognized the signs and alerted a flight attendant. Heart disease is serious, people -- she is still doing cardiac rehab two years after the event.



The course featured all sorts of entertainment along the way. Here are the belly dancers:

And band, complete with tuba! In this photo it's obvious that spring has yet to fully arrive -- the trees all still lack leaves and our grass is quite yellow.


The finish - whohoo! A slight glimpse of the Chugach Mountains at right.

No comments: