On Sunday, D and I hit up the annual Sportsmans Show at the sports arena. Lots of fun stuff to see and do -- we sat through a couple seminars and browsed our little hearts out.
The Bird Treatment & Learning Center (one of my clients back in my ad agency days) was there and this volunteer was displaying a live little owl. He was so very cute. Bird TLC rehabilitates sick, injured and orphaned birds (owls, raptors, eagles, etc). The ones that can be released are set back into the wild -- the others are kept for public education purposes. A very, very worthwhile organization.

Since this was a show for hunters (among others), we saw mounts galore! This one of a mama moose defending her calf was HUGE.

Did you know that black bears can bowhunt too? The Alaska Bowhunters Association had this display. I entered into a raffle for a free bow -- didn't get a call so apparently I didn't win. Poop.

Last year I bought my snazzy new waders from the Sportsmans Show -- can't wait to get them out again!
Here I am, ready to flip for reds (sockeye) on the Russian and Kenai Rivers. Speaking of, we have a new fly to try out this year...secret info gleaned from a seminar at the Show!
No comments:
Post a Comment