Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend update

Not much to report -- I stayed in town all weekend and finally finished the majority of my to-do list. Lots of cleaning, errands, recycling, and getting dirty outside. We now have flowers planted and displayed on the back deck and the front of the house!

I also perused one of Anchorage's Salvation Army thrift stores on Saturday (after dropping of a box of donations) and walked in on their biggest sale of the year - everything 50% off! I found 4 books that I've been wanting to read for a while and a new, packaged pair of black tights from Target. Apparently Target donates some of their non-moving merchandise to the Salvation Army -- so there were BRAND NEW clothing items on the racks and in bins. Most of it wasn't my style, but good for Target for doing that. I ended up spending $2.50 for my haul. Pretty good, eh?

The weekend also brought out many, many of our freakishly large Alaskan mosquitos. I am slightly allergic to mosquitos so the bite area gets swollen and on a bad day will resemble hives. One of the little buggers got me under my left eye so now it is puffy and weird looking. And itchy.

No comments: