Thursday, July 30, 2009

Kitty says: I brought you a present...

In the summer, my cats are free to roam outside willy-nilly. 2 of the 3 tend to stay close to home and within the backyard area, while the third (Pepper) can't wait to get the hell out of Dodge. She disappears for hours and sometimes doesn't make it home by the time we lock up for the night, so we'll find her mewing outside the screen door in the a.m.

Lately Pepper has turned into a bloodthirsty huntress and twice now has brought me little furry offerings -- the latest coming last night. I went to let her in and saw a little vole (Alaska's version of the mouse) firmly clutched in her mouth. Ew ew ew ew gross! I made D dispose of the first one last week, but this time I put on my big girl pants and chucked this latest dead thing into the furthest reaches of our yard.

She managed to get the first one (that I know of, eek!) into the house -- can you say disinfectant?

No comments: