Oh boy, I'm moving a little slow today! Some girls from work threw me a super fabulous pre-birthday party last night. With heaping salmon salads in bread bowls, plus coconut chocolate cake. And wine. Lots of wine. I'll be honest, it was a struggle to get out of bed this morning. I keep forgetting that I can't drink like I'm 21 anymore!
Tonight D is taking me to a new sushi restaurant in town. This place is gorgeous on the inside, but the best part? They serve deep fried tempura Oreos for dessert! I know it sounds weird, but it's to die for -- the Oreos are soft and gooey on the inside, with whipped cream and chocolate sauce on top. Mmm, can't wait, although I have a sneaking suspicion that tonight's dinner may turn into a surprise party. Usually I get calls and emails asking what the plans are for my birthday, but not a peep out of anybody this year.
And finally, my driver's license is up today -- it is time to renew and replace my old photo (which makes me look like a jaundiced pumpkin-head). Crossing my fingers for less than a 2 hour wait at the DMV. Wishful thinking, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment