Friday, October 2, 2009

Kenai Peninsula trip

In my head, I already have outfits picked out for our future little kidlets. "Alaska Grown" t-shirts, Carhartt overalls, SmartWool booties and of course, XtraTuffs! I had no idea they made these boots in kid sizes -- SO CUTE.
We saw these last weekend at the hardware store near the Seward harbor. I love Alaska hardware stores -- they have all sorts of random things.

In downtown Seward, looking out over the beginning of Resurrection Bay. It was an unusually nice sunny day, with calm seas to boot.

Mount Marathon -- where the super hardcore mountain runners flock to on th 4th of July. The race starts from downtown Seward and competitors run to the top peak and down. Some people can even complete it in an hour.


This area is called the "Ball Diamond" by Moose Pass and Seward locals. Apparently it's a free, first-come, first-served RV and camping area.



No comments: