It's here, on my finger! FedEx tried to deliver the package yesterday around noon (which is way earlier than we expected) so no one was home to sign for it. I had book club with my work ladies last night so there was no way I could get it and I told D that I would just go home around lunchtime to wait for the delivery man. the next day
Well, when I got home D came over and presented me with a dark red ring box! He had driven all the way over the the airport where the FedEx hub is located and picked up the package -- what a wonderful man. He opened the box, and let me tell you, the ring just about took my breath away! I was so nervous that it wouldn't look the same in real life but it is totally amazing.
I'm over the moon happy about it. D is happy too, but he'd probably be happier if I left the ring in its pretty box and secured it in a safety deposit box somewhere. :-) I need to call my insurance company and get the ring and my wedding band (we bought both at the same time so they would match) on my policy.
Obviously I am not a professional photographer, so these images do not come close to capturing the sparkle of the diamonds.
I was really impressed with Blue Nile. The build-your-own-ring feature lets you pick any loose stone and then place it into a variety of settings. It's free overnight FedEx shipping and free re-sizing if you need it.




2 comments:
The ring is beautiful!!! So sweet of him to drive and pick up the ring. Congratulations again!
Thanks! I'm still amazed that it's actually here and on my finger.
Post a Comment