Monday, November 30, 2009

Food coma

We had an amazing weekend in terms of food -- hope you all did too! The Thanksgiving meal was very tasty and we're still working on polishing off the turkey. The smallest one I could find was about 13.5 pounds so we were going to have leftovers no matter what. I estimated about 3.5 to 4 hours to cook, and even now I am not sure what happened but that turkey was 100% done at the 2 hour mark.Which is fine but then I was behind on making all of the other dishes! We made it work, but did have to eat at 1:30 p.m.

Last week, D stopped by New Sagaya Market and picked up a couple pounds of fresh Alaska king crab. On Friday I boiled the legs for under 10 minutes in some salty water with a bit of lemon juice and they were perfect with a little melted butter. Nothing else needed and it was SO GOOD.


No comments: