Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Two Sisters recipes

One of my all-time favorite bakeries EVER is located in Homer, Alaska -- Two Sisters. They serve the most delicious breads and pastries, not to mention the fantastic soups and sandwiches. Seriously, I'm getting hungry right now just thinking about the food stuffs. What makes this place even more fabulous is the bakery's location out near Bishop's Beach in Homer. Just a really lovely setting, looking out over Kachemak Bay.

I check the Two Sisters site every once in a while and on my last visit, found out about their new recipe blog. Um, YUM! I love that the bakery buys local organic produce and products. Can't wait to try out some of the recipes -- the roasted chicken looks delish. I should probably start purchasing free-range organic chickens but like the Two Sisters blog mentions, they are way expensive. Chicken is pretty much the only thing we don't buy organic so I feel like we're doing pretty well on that front.

No comments: