Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Inn photos

I cannot recall where the following photos came from, but do know that they are of some other couple's summer wedding at the Tern Lake Inn!

The first two show the Inn's back deck -- a good place for hosting cocktail hour after the wedding / before dinner. The body of water in the background is a creek that swells to a good size in the summertime, but when we were there last September it was barely a puddle.



These next images are of the interior of the Inn. The Great Room boasts a beautiful set of floor to ceiling windows that overlook the outdoor ceremony location. I'm offering up a prayer to every deity I can think of to ensure a rain-free wedding day. I know I shouldn't worry, because really, the weather is the one thing I have no control over!



For you non-Alaskans, the long hairy black thing on the wall in the photo below is baleen -- part of the whale that filters out krill and fish from seawater. It's a popular home decor item in Alaska.


In these photos you can see what the Inn's folding chairs look like. I'm debating on whether to procure chair covers -- average price is about $3.50 per cover but afterwards I could turn around, sell them to another bride and make my money back. Eh, I'm undecided right now.

We can fit 85-90 people comfortably in the hall -- this view is from the loft bedroom upstairs. After dinner the owners of the Inn will clear the area of most of the tables/chairs and then we'll use the space for dancing. They'll use their secondary kitchen area to clean up and wash dishes.

No comments: