One of best things about my impending marriage, aside from getting hitched to an awesome man and starting a new life together, is finally getting my hands on the fabled "wedding cookware"! My mom bought this amazing set for me about 10 years ago and made me promise not to open the box or use any of the shiny pots and pans until I was married. When my parents moved out of state, they gave me the box to hold onto -- and it sat downstairs in the storage area of my condo, tempting me everytime I went down there.
And then for reasons I won't go into, this cookware traveled from Anchorage to Mississippi and then on to Ohio and finally to the basement of my parents house in Tennessee. For a while there, I was afraid I'd never get it back! But on my last trip to Gatlinburg I saw the huge box sitting in the basement bathroom and knew it would soon be mine, ALL MINE, muah ha ha. I seriously have not purchased any nice, new cookware in the last few years because I knew this set was waiting for me. Soon I'll have it in my hot little hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment