My petit jury duty stint began this morning. I got up early, drove downtown and made my way to one of the courthouses. Security only took a few minutes and then I waited in the jury room with over 100 other people. Roll call was called a couple different times and then after an hour or so we were all ushered into a very small courtroom. After 4 hours they had only decided on about 8 jurors, which means the majority of us have to return tomorrow morning and continue the process.
I brought my Kindle along to read before and after our time in the courtroom. It was nice to not have a heavy book weighing down my purse! We were all released at 1:30 today so I was able to come into work and get some things done. My boss is going on vacation starting Wednesday and I really hope I'm not selected for the case or else we have no coverage here at the office.
No comments:
Post a Comment