Here is a quick update for you peeps, then it's back to pressing my nose against that pesky grindstone...
There is practically no new construction work in town, so D agreed to take on a job out in the boonies to ensure he'll have a job later this summer. The downside is that he will be gone for 5 weeks and return one week before the wedding! So much for all the trips and home projects we had planned. But we'll make it work - we always do!
We decided to refinance our home loan since D found a great rate through a credit union. He completed the paperwork before leaving but I met with the appraiser yesterday at lunch. Quck process (30 minutes) and the lady was pretty impressed with all of D's home remodel work on the house.
Alterations on the dress are complete, but I want my mom to see it in person before proclaiming it finished! Truly AMAZING how different the dress looks from its original state. Honestly, it's hard for me to believe this gown is 40 years old. Since D isn't home, I have the dress hanging in our bedroom so I can bask in its loveliness.
I'm getting bits and bobbles together for wedding decor, and am hoping to schedule a trip down to our Moose Pass venue in the next couple weeks to talk with the owners about catering, setup, etc. Will maybe throw in a scouting visit to some hair salons too.
The weather is getting better every week. Gaining 3-4 minutes of light each day and temps are up in the 60's. I did some yardwork yesterday and pulled the rest of our deck furniture and flower pots out of the shed. Technically we are supposed to wait until Memorial Day weekend to plant anything outside but I don't know if I can wait!
Working all weekend so I will be pushing for one (maybe 2) days off next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment