Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yay, summer is here

Is anyone still reading this blog? Feels like ages since I have posted! Going on 15 straight days of work, with one day off. I'm TIRED. The good news is Memorial Day is coming up and it looks like I may be able to take a 5 day weekend! Even better, D is flying home for 3 days to celebrate the holiday with me. Yippee!

In my opinion, Alaska (or at least Anchorage) has 2 official seasons - winter and summer. If you count construction, then it's three seasons. Spring only lasts a couple weeks, as does fall. Somehow, seemingly overnight, summer has arrived!

I took these photos last weekend during one of our two health fairs. Seriously, who thinks it's a good idea to plan concurrent healthfairs on a Saturday AND a Sunday?!?! WTF. Anyway, it was a gorgeous day and I snuck upstairs to my office a couple times to take a break. This breathtaking view is from the waiting area on my floor.


I am so going to miss these vistas when we move to a new building on campus. I have a feeling I'll be sitting in a cubicle. Horrors!

A little bit of midtown Anchorage. Downtown is further northwest. You won't see many tall buildings around town because of earthquake codes. The tallest ones are found downtown and are grandfathered in (obviously) to the city buliding codes.

No comments: