Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Walk in the woods

What a gorgeous week we are having! Temps in the 60's and mostly sunny days. Drift and I decided to take a couple hours on Saturday and walk to the Campbell Creek Science Center. It's very close to our house and Drift really likes to cool down and splash around in the creek.

The mountains are still sporting a bit of snow and it will take at least a few more weeks to get rid of the white stuff permanently.

SO happy!


Moose like to come around and rub their antlers on the trees, and also eat the nubs off the branches.

One of the trails we took -- didn't see a single person (or animal) the whole time! That's a good thing because I usually sing or talk to the dog in order to keep from surprising bears that are hiding. I feel pretty foolish doing it, but think about the alternative.

I am 99.9% sure these droppings are from a horse and not bear scat, but we got the heck out of this area pretty quickly anyway. The bears are awake and hungry!

No comments: