Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial weekend in PWS 3

More photos...a lot of these are posted to my Facebook account as well.

I was snuggled up all warm and cozy in my sleeping bag when this photo was taken from the door of our tent. Good morning! We had a leisurely breakfast of scrambled eggs and fruit as we watched boats go by.

A really great first haul of shrimp for the weekend (and my engagement ring too.)

The dog gets pretty freaking excited when D pulls up or drops the pots.

D has been soaking the shrimp in seawater before shucking - seems to clean them out a bit.

Some of our biggies...guess what we had for dinner when we returned to town?

Just kidding, I didn't eat it. I'm not that crazy. Even the dog is weirded out!
Crab that crawled into our shrimp pot - we threw him back since legally we're not supposed to keep crabs. D says there is some way to tell whether it's a male or female by looking at the back?

D put the crab down so I could photograph it and it scooted clear across the surface!

It's no Alaskan King Crab, but still the biggest one we've ever caught.

No comments: