Monday, August 2, 2010

A day in PWS 1

I'm still working on thank-you notes. The neverending thank-you notes.

My sister is in town for a friend's wedding and will leave Sunday night. She is staying with us but so far we've had only fleeting glimpses of her - busy girl!

D's parents rolled into town just in time for the weekend. We put them to work right away on Saturday and they helped us install the remainder of the new vinyl windows, which look fabulous and will certainly keep the house warmer this winter. Yesterday we all took a break and headed out in D's boat to Whittier for a daytrip in Prince William Sound. Started out foggy and wet but cleared up towards midday.

I'll post more in the next few days, but this first set is of the sea lion rookery. If Blogger cooperates then I will also upload a video where you can see AND hear these massive beasts - it's impressive.

The Klondike Express is the big boat on the left - it takes people out for day cruises in the Sound. Our little boat was dwarfed by this huge vessel! We were between the Klondike and the sea lions, so I'm sure our boat was in a few tourist photos. (I'm not sure if I blogged about my ill-fated trip on the Klondike Express back in June - will have to go back and check.)

Love the little tongue in this one...


Sea lions are SO HUGE. One surfaced and jumped right next to the boat and startled Mim and I a bit!




No comments: