On day 8 of the trip we started the long drive down to Hana, where we planned to stay one night and then drive all the way around the bottom part of the island. Most people stop at Twin Falls (below) to start off their trip. We made sure to try and hide anything of value in the Jeep because there were signs EVERYWHERE warning tourists about thieves stealing from cars, especially in this parkign area. So then I thought, are the people in the fruit stand just standing by while cars are broken into? Nice way to treat the tourists.
It's amazing what tropical temperatures and lots of rain will do for plants! The palm, eucalyptus and bamboo trees were a sight to behold.
 |
| I am so bad at spotting wildlife - D always sees them before I do. Then I get to take the photos. |
This set of "falls" really wasn't very spectacular but it was a short 30 minute hike total and we did get to see some jungle foliage. From the falls, the water was diverted into these concrete channels and down into separate streams. It had rained recently so the water levels were up and the trail was also pretty muddy.
 |
| Pretty hibiscus. |
 |
| LOTS of bamboo. |
 |
| There were signs posted that asked people to not pick the fruit along the trail. It was obvious that everyone wanted to but the fear of getting caught was stopping them! |
No comments:
Post a Comment